Experiencing Chiropractic Care
Pre – Chiropractic Care Treatment
Avoid any activity that may exacerbated or worsen your symptoms. Avoid applying any topical creams and/or ointments (such as BioFreeze, Icy/Hot) just in case the doctor will use muscle stimulation or heat, which can cause irritation to the skin.
Post – Chiropractic Care Treatment
You may experience soreness or achiness after receiving care at the office. This isn’t uncommon. A good way to combat post – treatment pain, utilize ice and heat for 15 minutes each. Starting with ice and ending with heat. The ice will create a numbing effect and the heat will increase blood flow to the area (which is important for tissue repair) and promote muscle relaxation. Perform regular physical activity – such as walking, swimming or cycling. Perform at the level you are comfortable with and that you can handle, do not push yourself to hard too fast! Therefore, it is recommended that you do low-impact activities such as walking or light exercise or stretching.
8 Steps to a Better Recovery
The Road to Recovery: 8 Steps to Achieve Optimal Health and Wellness
Step 1: Maximize Your First (1st) Visit
This is your chance to meet the doctor. She/He will ask you several questions during the consultation (medical history review) time to determine if your symptoms will benefit from our services. In order to maximize your time with the doctor and to ensure that you get the attention and care you deserve, we ask that you come prepared.
Step 2: Subsequent/Follow-Up Visits
Our goal is to reduce and/or eliminate your symptoms and improve your functional health. In order to do this, we must be a team. The doctor will create a customized treatment plan especially designed for you. Although the doctor has goals she/he would like you to reach, it is important that you have some health goals of your own. Joyfully, as a team, we will work together to getting you back on the Road of Recovery. It is highly important that you adhere to the treatment plan, to get the best results.
Step 3: Bring Your Spouse/Significant Other or Trusted Friend
Like most things in life, having a good support system is important. Research shows that when we include our spouse/significant other/partner in our health journey, we are more likely to stick to it.
Step 4: Join Our Loyalty Rewards Program
Our Loyalty Rewards Program is available to all patents. It is our way of saying thanks for allowing us to serve you. You can redeem your points for exclusive rewards that make taking care of your health even more rewarding! For more information, please click the link.
Step 5: Stick to Your Treatment Plan
Remember, each visit builds upon the next. Adhering to you treatment plan helps to ensure you achieve maximal functional improvement while under care at our office.
Step 6: Talk With Your Doctors
Your team of doctors, including your chiropractor, medical doctor, and other health care specialists are here to provide you with the best health-care. In order for our health team at Harmonious Living Chiropractic: Fitness & Wellness Center, LLC to help you achieve improvement of your functional health, we ask that you be open and honest with us about your health history and any changes while under our care.
Step 7: Sign-Up for Our Monthly E-Newsletter
When you sign-up for our monthly newsletter, you will automatically receive The Health House monthly newsletter by email. It contains health tips, upcoming events, and other great useful information.
Step 8: Join our Fit & Weight Program
Become a part of a community that wants to see you healthy – in your heart, in your mind, in your body, and in your spirit. Meet new people. Have fun and get healthy!
Spinal Care and Hygiene
The spine consist of muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, nerves, and discs. Having good spinal hygiene is important to maintaining good posture, your ability to move and perform daily activities such as getting dressed, performing house chores, and work duties. As well as participating in recreational activities and sports.
Here are a few tips to improve your spinal health:
- Drink water daily. Your body is composed of 75% of water. Water sustains life and all biological processes.
- Move every, single day. Perform physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Be aware of your posture. Awareness is the first step to correcting your posture.
- Lift with your legs, NOT with your back. This is one of the common mistakes many people make when lifting. When you lift using your back muscles rather than your large, and more powerful leg muscles, you place unnecessary strain on your muscles and joints, which can lead to an unwanted injury.
- Get a spinal check-up. Chances are, if you haven’t experienced injury or back pain, you probably never seen a chiropractor. Visiting your chiropractor for a spinal or wellness check-up, will provide you with information on how you can maintain proper spinal alignment.
- Sleep with the correct support. When you are laying down, your spine should be in a neutral or straight position. So, sleeping with too many pillows, no pillow or on your stomach, places your body in awkward position. As a result, you may awaken with neck and/or back pain.
- Get enough rest and/or sleep.Resting and sleeping allows your body to recover and repair from a day of activity.
Harmonious Living Chiropractic: Fitness & Wellness Center, LLC
603 7th Street, Unit 301
Laurel, Maryland 20707
Phone: (240) 264 – 6372
Fax: (240) 264 – 6431