Harmonious Living Chiropractic: Fitness & Wellness Center, LLC® offers urgent chiropractic care.
What is a condition(s) that is considered urgent for chiropractic care?
A condition that is considered urgent for chiropractic care if it requires immediate attention, but is not life-threatening. In the case of chiropractic care, the following are examples of conditions that may be considered urgent chiropractic care:
- Hours after a muscle or joint injury (such as a work injury, motor vehicle collision, or sports injury) that visibly impairs the person’s ability to move, walk, or stand.
- For example, the person is able to walk or stand without assistance and/or may be able to continue to go to work/school after the initial injury occurs
- Inability to walk, stand or sit for more than 30 minutes without localized pain – even after taking prescribed and/or over-the-counter medication
For life-threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1 or go to your local Hospital Emergency Room
Example of a life-threatening emergency includes, but are not limited to:
- Signs of a heart attack, including severe chest pain or shortness of breath
- Signs of a stroke, including numbness or weakness on one side of your face, body or slurred speech
- Severe head injuries
- Severe abdominal pain
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Series burns
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won’t stop
- Sudden blurred vision or difficulty seeing
- Sudden slurred speech or difficulty understanding
- High fever
- Pregnancy-related health problems or childbirth
- Any other life-threatening injuries